Call us on 03333 11 00 66
Microsoft Licencing Buying Guide
Our team of Microsoft experts are on hand to guide you through the complexities of licensed software allowing you to make the right decisions for your business and maximising your budget by offering huge savings against retail boxed software. Call 03333 11 00 66 and see how licensing could make a difference to your business today.
NOTE: A minimum purchase of five licences applies to your first OLP order only - If you already have an active Open Licence agreement in place this restriction does not apply however you will need to order these via your account manager as we'll need your agreement number.
Open Business Licenses (features):
- Discounts off the retail price of software
- A one-time transaction, so that you can pay at the time you purchase software
- The rights to create a standard system image and deploy it on multiple machines, and rights to transfer licenses from one machine to another
- The ability to obtain licenses from multiple locations through a worldwide reseller channel
- The ability to track and manage licenses by using online tools
- Access to Microsoft Software Assurance, an enhanced maintenance program that helps you get the most out of your software investment (see below)
- A single authorization identification number that can be shared with qualified affiliate organizations
More info - click here
What is a Client Access License (CAL)?
If your company's workstations are networked, you will utilise a network server and the workstations on the network will access that server(s) software to perform certain functions such as file and print sharing. In order to legally access this server software, a client access license or CAL may be required. A CAL is not a software product; rather it is a license that gives a user the right to access the services of the server.
Microsoft Software Assurance is a comprehensive maintenance offering that helps you get the most out of your software investment. It combines the latest software with phone support available 24 hours a day, partner services, training, and IT tools that help customers deploy, manage, and migrate software. With Software Assurance, you can increase worker productivity, accelerate organizational performance, and quickly realize a return on your software investment
More info - click here