Call us on 03333 11 00 66
HPE OfficeConnect 1420 5G
Manufacturer Part Code: JH327A
Order Code: NPHEW-JH327A
Category: Unmanaged Switches
HPE OfficeConnect 1420 5g - Switch - unmanaged - 5 x 10/100/1000 - desktop
The HPE 1420 Switch Series consists of unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switches for small businesses and others looking for plug-and-play basic Layer 2 connectivity for their network, including low-cost PoE+ and 10GbE uplink models. The HPE 1420 Switch Series has four models: 16-port 10/100/1000, 24-port 10/100/1000 with two SFP Gigabit ports, 24-port 10/100/1000 ports of which 12 are PoE+ enabled (124 W PoE budget), and 24-port 10/100/1000 with two SFP+ 10GbE ports.
High-performance GbE Layer 2 Switching, Cost-effective and Easy to Deploy
- The HPE 1420 Switch Series offers small businesses and others Layer 2 Gigabit Ethernet switching with unmanaged affordability and plug-and-play simplicity.
- Gigabit Ethernet is the most recommended and deployed networking technology today, delivering 10 times more performance than Fast Ethernet.
- Unmanaged switches are the most economical offerings, ideal for locations needing only basic Layer 2 switching in a flat single tier network.
Model Choices to Meet Most Design Needs for Basic Layer 2 Networking
- The HPE 1420 Switch Series has four models to choose from, all with Gigabit performance but offering different uplink options. Consider the 16-port model for locations needing fewer connections and one of the 24-port models where more connectivity is required.
- The 1420-24G-2SFP model with SFP uplinks is ideal where Gigabit fiber is required, while the 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink model with SFP+ uplinks is available where 10GbE is needed now or in the future.
- Anticipate the installation of IP voice, wireless Access points, or video surveillance cameras by deploying Power over Ethernet (PoE). Choose the PoE+ model for highly cost-effective PoE deployments.
- All 1420 Switch Series models are fanless for silent operation, usable in office settings around workers. Units have internal power supplies with power-cord plug-in simplicity.
- Units can be deployed for desktop operation or can be rack mounted.
Automated Features for Hands-off Operation
- All HPE 1420 Switch Series models are plug-and-play with zero configuration and no required ongoing administration.
- The switch series has the company's only unmanaged PoE model, with fully automated support for powering compatible IP phones, video surveillance cameras or wireless Access Points.
- The HPE 1420-24G-2SFP+ 10G Uplink Switch requires no configuration beyond installation of optional 10GbE transceivers to achieve 10GbE speeds. Alternatively, use today with Gigabit SFP transceivers if higher performance is merely a future requirement.
- IEEE 802.1p prioritization and other QoS features automate the preferred handling of high priority traffic, including Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) set priorities.
- The 1420 Switch Series supports Jumbo packets to improve the performance of large data transfers.
Cost-effective Ownership for Now and into the Future
- The HPE 1420 Switch Series offers a cost-effective upgrade path to next-generation 10GbE networks to reduce performance bottlenecks when connecting to storage and servers.
- The switch series includes PoE+ options to power IP devices without the cost of additional cabling for power.
- Green features include energy-efficient Ethernet IEEE 802.3az, auto-power down mode on idle ports, and power savings on short distance cables for low power consumption.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.