Call us on 03333 11 00 66
STARTECH StarTech USB 3.0 Dual Hard Drive Docking Station with UASP for 2.5" & 3.5" SSD/HDD
Manufacturer Part Code: SDOCK2U33
Order Code: BRSTA-SDOCK2U33
Category: PC Enclosures & Brackets
StarTech USB 3.0 Dual Hard Drive Docking Station with UASP for 2.5" & 3.5" SSD/HDD
Dock two 2.5" or 3.5" SATA III SSDs/HDDs over USB 3.0 with UASP
- Support SATA III (6 Gbps) and UASP for optimal performance
- Independent power buttons for each hard drive
- Compatible with SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps) drives
- Compatible with USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 (5 Gbps / 480 Mbps / 1.5 Mbps)
- Supports both 2.5" and 3.5" form factor hard drives (HDD) and solid state drives (SSD)
- Dual bay, top slot-loading design with drive doors
- System builders and I.T. specialists who need quick access to drives for imaging
- Backup data quickly to an external drive for archiving
- Transferring data from one hard drive to another
- Technicians who test or benchmark multiple hard drives
- Backup important data and easily take the drive to an offsite location for safekeeping
The SDOCK2U33 Dual 2.5/3.5" SATA hard drive docking station lets you dock and swap drives from your desktop or laptop computer simultaneously, using a single USB port.
Enhanced with UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this hard drive docking station lets you get the most out of the fastest drive technologies such as SATA III (6 Gbps), solid state drives (SSD) and hybrid, drives with performance up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller. See our UASP testing results below for further details.
The hard drive dock features independent power buttons for each individual drive, ensuring you can operate each hard drive separately. This gives you the freedom to hot-swap one drive while transferring data to another, saving you time.
Extend the value of this hard drive docking station further with the addition of our SATA to IDE Hard Drive Adapter (SAT2IDEADP), allowing easy insertion of any 2.5 or 3.5in. IDE hard drive into a SATA hard drive dock.
To ensure compatibility with your computer system, the SDOCK2U33 supports all of the leading operating systems, including: Microsoft Windows® (8/7/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2003), Apple® OSX (10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6), Linux, and Google Chrome OS™.
SDOCK2U33 is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Save time, with file transfers up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-supported host
- Hassle-free operation with independent drive power allowing for uninterrupted data transfers while hot-swapping the other drive
Warranty: 2 Years
VIA/VLI - VL812
ASMedia - ASM1053 - 6G
Compatible Drive Types: SATA
Drive Installation: Removable
Drive Size: 2.5in & 3.5in
Interface: USB 3.0
Number of Drives: 2
Insertion Rating: 15,000 Cycles
Max Drive Capacity: Currently tested with up to 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" hard drives per bay (8TB total) and 2TB 5900 RPM 2.5" hard drives (2TB total)
Type and Rate: USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s
UASP Support: Yes
Drive Connectors: 2 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Receptacle
Host Connectors: 1 - USB Type-B (9 pin) USB 3.0 Female
OS Compatibility: OS independent; No software or drivers required
LED Indicators: 2 - Drive Power / Activity
Input Current: 1.3 A
Input Voltage: 100 ~ 240 AC
Output Current: 3 A
Output Voltage: 12 DC
Plug Type: M
Power Consumption (In Watts): 36
Power Source: AC Adapter Included
Operating Temperature: 5°C to 35°C (41°F to 95°F)
Storage Temperature: -20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 122°F)
Enclosure Type: Plastic
Product Height: 70 mm [2.8 in]
Product Length: 148 mm [5.8 in]
Product Weight: 498 g [17.6 oz]
Product Width: 132 mm [5.2 in]
Shipping (Package) Weight: 950 g [33.5 oz]
What's in the Box
Included in Package:
1 - USB 3.0 to Dual 2.5/3.5in SATA hard drive docking station
1 - 3ft (1m) USB 3.0 Cable
1 - Universal power adapter: comes ready for NA/EU/UK only when you buy in NA/EU/UK; comes ready for Australia and New Zealand only when you buy in Australia and New Zealand
1 - Instruction Manual