Call us on 03333 11 00 66
STARTECH 2.5in SATA/SAS SSD/HDD to 3.5in SATA Hard Drive Converter
Manufacturer Part Code: 25SATSAS35
Order Code: BRSTA-25SATSAS35
Category: Server Chassis Options
StarTech 2.5in SATA/SAS SSD/HDD to 3.5in SATA Hard Drive Converter
Turn Virtually any 2.5" SATA or SAS Hard Drive into a 3.5" SATA Drive
- Trayless design: hard drives are not mounted into separate trays/enclosures
- Supports 2.5" form factor hard drives (HDD) and solid state drives (SSD) up to 15mm in height
- Power indicator LED
- Lightweight plastic construction with air vents
- Plug and Play and hot swap compatible
- Support for SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps)
- Support for SAS revision I/II (3.0/6.0 Gbps)
- Use available 2.5" hard drives in place of a 3.5" hard drive
- Install a 2.5" hard drive into a 3.5" hard drive enclosure or backplane
- Turn unused 2.5" hard drives into additional storage in a desktop computer
- Use large capacity 12.5mm SATA drives as a front bay removable drive
The 25SATSAS35 2.5-inch SATA/SAS to 3.5-inch SATA Hard Drive Converter converts a 2.5-inch SATA or SAS hard drive (HDD) or solid state drive (SSD) into a 3.5-inch form factor SATA Hard Drive.
The converter provides a versatile solution for 2.5-inch drive installations, enabling you to install a 2.5-inch SATA/SAS drive in a 3.5-inch bay, drive drawer caddy/tray, or into a 3.5-inch drive enclosure.
To maximize performance and utilize the full speed potential of your SATA III hard drives, this HDD Backplane supports SATA III for transfer speeds up to 6 Gbps when paired with compatible controller.
Suitable for drives with a height of up to 15mm, virtually any 2.5-inch SATA or SAS hard drive can be made to look and function like a 3.5-inch hard drive. The drive converter includes mounting holes along the side and base, allowing you to mount the drive if needed, into a compatible system.
The Drive Converter features a trayless design for simple drive installation and removal, and is constructed of durable, yet lightweight plastics, with ventilation openings to aid air flow and help keep hard drives running cooler.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- A trayless design and support for 15mm drives enables quick and easy install/removal of drives, including newer high capacity drives
- Includes mounting holes on the side and base, providing compatibility with some OEM branded systems, such as Dell
- Can be mounted into a 3.5" front bay as a 2.5" HDD Mobile Rack or treated as a regular 3.5" hard drive
- Maximize performance, with file transfer speeds up to 6Gbps when paired with SATA III HDD and controller
Warranty: 2 Years
Compatible Drive Types: SAS & SATA
Drive Installation: Removable
Drive Size: 2.5in
Front Door Key Lock: No
Number of 2.5 inch bays: 1
Number of Drives: 1
Temperature Alarm: No
Drive Connectors: 1 - SFF-8482 (29 pin, Data & Power, Internal SAS) Receptacle
Host Connectors: 1 - SATA Data & Power Combo (7+15 pin) Plug
Special Notes / Requirements
Note: Although mobile racks can enable a Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) drive to connect using a standard Serial ATA (SATA) connector, the hard drive controller must be SAS compatible to properly support SAS drives. SAS controllers can work with SAS and SATA drives, but most SAS drives will only work with a SAS controller.
Enclosure Type: Plastic
Max Drive Height: 15 mm [0.6 in]
Product Height: 25 mm [1 in]
Product Length: 145 mm [5.7 in]
Product Weight: 140 g [4.9 oz]
Product Width: 100 mm [3.9 in]
Package Quantity: 1
Shipping (Package) Weight: 199 g [7 oz]
What's in the Box
Included in Package:
1 - 2.5" to 3.5" HDD Converter
10 - screws (6 round, 4 flat)