Call us on 03333 11 00 66
HPE LTO-8 Ultrium 30TB RW Data Cartridge
Manufacturer Part Code: Q2078A
Order Code: BAHEW-Q2078A
Category: Backup Media
LTO-8 ULTRIUM 30TB RW DATA CARTR
Exhaustively tested, HPE LTO Ultrium cartridges meet all your demands for maximum reliability when restoring data, offering high storage density, ease of management and scalable storage and backup performance. Covering eight generations of capacity - LTO-1 (200 GB), LTO-2 (400 GB), LTO-3 (800 GB), LTO-4 (1.6 TB), LTO-5 (3 TB), LTO-6 (6.25 TB), LTO-7 (15 TB) and LTO-8 (30 TB) – and with transfer speeds of up to 2.7 TB/hr for LTO-8, there is a platform for every need and budget. From LTO-3 onwards, LTO Ultrium WORM cartridges enable the creation of compliant, permanent and tamper-proof archives. From LTO-4 onwards, secure AES-256 encryption provides even higher levels of data security and compliance with the most stringent industry regulations to prevent unauthorized data access. From LTO-5 onwards, HPE LTO Ultrium Linear Tape File System makes using tape as easy, flexible, portable and intuitive as using other removable and shareable media, such as a USB drive.
- Massive increase in capacity: 700% improvement versus LTO-5 and 380% capacity versus LTO-6 (assume native data capacity)
- Significant increase in performance - possible to store 2.7 TB/hr using LTO-8.
- Built-in AES 256-bit encryption (IEEE1619.1) (LTO-4, LTO-5, LTO-6, LTO-7, LTO-8) - granted FIPS140-2 Level 1 certification.
Highest Capacity and Performance of any Comparable Tape Technology
- HPE LTO-8 Ultrium can write or read data at a blistering 2.7 TB/hour, storing, encrypting and protecting up to 30 TB on a single cartridge, making it ideal for large-scale, 24 x 7, mission-critical IT environments (assumes 2.5:1 compression).
- An 85% increase in the number of tracks and a 8% increase in bit density has permitted an increase in capacity from 15 TB for LTO-7 to 30 TB to LTO-8: from 3,584 tracks for LTO-6 to 6,656 tracks for 8th generation HPE LTO-8 Ultrium 30 TB cartridges (assuming 2.5:1 compression).
- HPE LTO Ultrium cartridge memory chip delivers faster access time and enhanced media monitoring.
- First time restore ensured with fewer media failures and disrupted backups, regardless of duty cycle or environmental conditions.
- Tape is more reliable than Enterprise SATA disk. With a BER of 1x10 to the power of 19 for LTO-8 versus 1x10 to the power of 15 for Enterprise SATA HDD's. That's a difference in reliability of four orders of magnitude – e.g. tape is 10,000 times more reliable than Enterprise SATA HDD.
- Estimated data loss over 10 years for 1 Exabyte archive is 1.1 Petabytes for HDD compared to only 7.4 Terabytes for tape.
- Superior 'smart grabber' mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing. Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape. Simplified tape path to reduce wear, tear & build-up of debris (important in automation)
- HPE brand qualification test procedures (load/unload, shoeshine, drop testing and environmental stress testing) go far beyond what is required for the LTO Ultrium logo.This ensures maximum reliability for restoring your data.
- HPE warrants LTO Ultrium cartridges for up to 30 years archival life. This ensures businesses can meet the ever-increasing demands of regulation for data retention and archiving.
- Write-Once-Read-Many (WORM) version provides tamper-proof, compliant data storage.
- Data encryption for enhanced data security on HPE LTO-4, LTO-5, LTO-6, LTO-7 and LTO-8 Ultrium. Compliance with FIPS 140-2 level 1 security standards.
Value for money
- Standardizing on HPE LTO Ultrium delivers the capacity to meet shrinking backup windows, industry-standard, AES 256-bit encryption (IEEE1619.1), and interchangeable RW or WORM media; without extra space or IT resource overhead.
- Open standard technology ensures compatibility across product generations and gives you more choice. Cartridges are available as Custom Labeled, Non-Custom Labeled (both Custom and Non Custom include RFID options for some formats) and non-labeled versions.